ABOUT LIVE GREEN CONNECTICUT!
To address conservation, environmental, and sustainability issues by creating structures and programs that merge global issues with local, scalable, measurable, and meaningful initiatives and projects. Engage community members, businesses, NGOs and municipal leaders, and shift public awareness to create positive, sustainable change for our world.
Live Green Connecticut! is a 501 (C ) (3) public charity founded by Daphne Dixon and Scot Weicker. The signature event, Live Green Connecticut! Family Festival, held at Taylor Farm Park, in Norwalk, the third week of September from 2010 – 2015, brought together a variety of people from throughout the state. Thousands were provided environmental education and the opportunity to learn from each other in an open and friendly setting. Highlights included delicious local food, great music, hundreds of sustainability exhibitors, electric vehicle test drives provided by the Ford Go Further Tour, electric bikes, keynote speakers, children's activities, educational panels, magic, pony rides, a petting zoo and so much more. Live Green Connecticut Festival was a zero food waste event. Food scraps recovered from the festival were composted and returned to Fodor Farm in Norwalk. The festival's motto was "Where Green Meets Mainstream."
Since 2010, Live Green Connecticut has brought together over 15,000 community members, tasks forces, business leaders, non-profits organizations, and municipal leaders, at over 200 workshops, events and festivals throughout the state. Highlights include, the Resilient CT Workshop at Yale and Fairfield University, Green Drinks Networking Events, "Help a Neighbor Out" Solar Campaign, Fairfield County Sustainable Community's Reception, Energy Management Workshops and The Green Faire Business Expo.
We are excited about launching and delivering a new platform of programs and initiatives.
Live Green Connecticut! is located, along with Norwalk Preservation Trust, Norwalk Land Trust and Norwalk Grows in shared working space in the beautifully restored farm house, originally built in 1802, at historic Fodor Farm.