EV Fleet Awards
Connecticut Southwestern Area Clean Cities is excited to announce our EV Fleet Awards!
Our EV Fleet Awards aim to improve the environmental performance of vehicle fleets across Connecticut. EV Fleet Awards are a voluntary recognition program of the Connecticut Southwestern Area Clean Cities Coalition.
The program is structured to provide flexibility for diverse fleets across the state to pursue best practices while achieving recognition for successes along the way. Participating fleet managers complete an online survey once per year to submit quantitative data and descriptions of fleet activities.
Sign up here!
Participating fleets are evaluated on seven criteria areas:
- Vehicles – Number of conventional and advanced technology vehicles
- Fuel – Amount of conventional and alternative fuels
- Maintenance – Regular preventive maintenance
- Operation – Efficient driving and training
- Partnerships – Leadership efforts
- Strategy – Strategic planning for fleet improvements, including infrastructure.
- Transparency – Internal and external communication
Fleets are recognized with an annual EV Fleet Award rating on a three-tier scale:
- IMPROVING – Progress in four of the seven criteria areas.
- ACHIEVING – Progress in all seven criteria areas.
- LEADING – Continued strong progress in all seven criteria.
Fleets demonstrating exceptional results are recognized with an EV Fleet Annual Award.
Examples of exceptional results include pioneer participation, substantial fuel reductions, leadership on advanced vehicle and alternative fuel infrastructure development, or best in class programs for fleet size or sector.
Any centralized fleet operating in Connecticut with at least ten vehicles is eligible for participation in EV Fleet Awards. All vehicles are eligible for participation including passenger cars, light duty, medium duty, and heavy duty trucks, freight, forklifts, tractors, watercraft, street sweepers, and other off road vehicles. Data on alternative fuel used in equipment may be included as supplemental information.
Fleets from entities across all sectors are encouraged to participate including companies, manufacturers, municipalities, educational institutions, nonprofits, and others.
All participating fleets receive an annual rating and are eligible to earn an EV Fleet award. There is no fee for participating in EV Fleet Awards.
Data is submitted annually via an online survey. Baseline data must be submitted with initial submissions. Contact us if you need help identifying your baseline year.
EV Fleet Award participants must submit entries annually to be eligible for ratings and award presentations. Data for award recognition of efforts are due on July 13, 2020.